- How does Your Member Benefits collect personal information?
- What if you do not want to provide personal information?
- What kind of personal information does Your Member Benefits store?
- How will Your Member Benefits use personal information?
- Where is my data stored?
- Your access to personal information
- Will personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
- How is personal information protected?
- More Information.
2. How does Your Member Benefits collect personal information?
Procurement Australia operates the Website. The Website provides links to partner websites such as Hertz or Medibank where you create an online account to become a member and obtain access to discounts on a range of products and services.
The Website uses “cookies” to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies contain information by which Your Member Benefits can identify your computer on our servers but does not contain any personal information that would identify you. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies.
Your Member Benefits may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that we believe may be of interest to these users, based on that information. In some cases, a web page within a website might contain more than one cookie, the information gathered from these different cookies are used to build statistical and demographical information which does not identify you personally to advertisers and our partners for marketing, promotional purposes.
To disable or clear your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
3. What if you do not want to provide personal information?
You are not under any obligation to provide your personal information to Your Member Benefits. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to access the third-party partner websites.
4. What kind of personal information does Your Member Benefits store?
The personal information we collect from the Website and store may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, contact details and company.
Generally speaking, we do not collect your “sensitive information” (as defined in the Act, which includes information such as your racial background, religious beliefs or health information) through our website.
5. How will Your Member Benefits use personal information?
Your personal information may also be used in order to:
- provide the services and information you require;
- inform you of offers activities, events, facilities and services.
provide you with news articles or other materials;
- research, develop and expand our facilities and services.
- gain an understanding of our members’ and your needs to provide a better service in all its areas of activities.
- maintain and develop our internal systems and infrastructure including upgrading of these systems.
- the personal information may also be collected to promote and market other services that we consider important or beneficial to our members and you.
We may write to any email address supplied by you to confirm that the email address is genuine.
We will not otherwise use your personal information for any other purposes (unless required by law) without your consent.
6. Where is my data stored?
Your personal data including your name, email address and phone number will be stored by Procurement Australia using third party system provider, HubSpot CRM Platform (www.hubspot.com).
HubSpot Regional Data Hosting - HubSpot Regional Data Hosting Policy
7. Your access to personal information
There are circumstances where, by law, we may not give you access to the personal information we hold about you. For example, we cannot give you access if it would unreasonably affect someone else’s privacy or if giving you access poses a serious threat to someone’s life, health or safety.
8. Will personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
In the course of its operations, we will not disclose personal information to any outside parties without your consent.
In certain circumstances, Your Member Benefits may be compelled by law to disclose personal information to various authorities, such as where we are compelled to disclose the personal information by a warrant, to react to unlawful activity, serious misconduct, or to reduce or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety.
Your Member Benefits does not sell, rent or trade personal information collected from the Website to or with third parties. Your Member Benefits may also disclose your personal information to contractors and data storage facilities located overseas. Please refer to section 6. Where is my data stored?
9. How is personal information protected?
Your Member Benefits takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information that it holds from misuse and loss. It also protects that information from unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure.
Your Member Benefits maintains security systems over our electronic data servers, computers and premises. We also maintain computer and network security, for example firewalls (security measures for the Internet), anti-virus software, identification codes and passwords and other security measures, in order to control access to computer systems. We also regularly back-up our electronic data to minimise loss of data in the event of system failures.
11. More Information
POST: Level 10, 440 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000
TELEPHONE: 1300 248 724
If you make a complaint about privacy, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint, and try to investigate and respond to you within 30 days. If you are unhappy with the outcome, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au.